- Latina and Latino HistorySocial MovementsCommunity Activism
- 4.5 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- The Community Service Organization, commonly known as the CSO, was founded in 1947 as a civil rights advocacy group that boasted a multi-ethnic membership. Individuals selected for this oral history series resided in Los Angeles during the 1940s and joined the Community Service Organization durin...
- Biographical Note:
- Anti-Defamation League's Pacific Southwest regional director of civil rights and fact-finding. Involved with the Chicano civil rights group the Community Service Organization.
Limit your search
- Twenty-Five Years of Community Organizing and Institution Building in the Aftermath of Watts: 1965-199010
- Mitigating Poverty in the City of Angels: Interviews with Affordable Housing and Social Welfare Activists6
- Narratives of Justice:Criminal Justice Activism in Los Angeles4
- Community Service Organization Oral Histories3
- Central American Solidarity Movement in Los Angeles1