- Social MovementsCommunity Activism
- 10 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- The series documents affordable housing activism in the Los Angeles area with particular attention to the work of community development corporations. Additional interviews document the work of social justice activists whose work concerns both the low income housing crisis in the city as well as ...
- Biographical Note:
- Founder of Esperanza Community Development Corporation and member of the Sisters of Social Service.
Limit your search
- Twenty-Five Years of Community Organizing and Institution Building in the Aftermath of Watts: 1965-199010
- Mitigating Poverty in the City of Angels: Interviews with Affordable Housing and Social Welfare Activists6
- Narratives of Justice:Criminal Justice Activism in Los Angeles4
- Community Service Organization Oral Histories3
- Central American Solidarity Movement in Los Angeles1