- African American HistoryUCLA and University of California HistoryMusicUCLA Research Centers and Programs
- 1.5 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- This series documents the history of UCLA's Institute of Ethnomusicology, which was founded in 1961 and dissolved in 1974.
- Biographical Note:
- Performer of Balinese and Javanese music and director of the ethnomusicology program at Loyola Marymount University. Graduate student in ethnomusicology during her time at UCLA.
Limit your search
- Central Avenue Sounds Oral History Project36
- Beyond Central13
- Traditional Asian Arts in Southern California9
- Arts in Corrections: Interviews with Participants in California Department of Corrections' Institutional Arts Program6
- Black Music and Musicians in Los Angeles: Spirituals, Gospel, Jazz, and Spoken Word6
- UCLA Institute of Ethnomusicology, 1961-19744
- View of a Culture: Presenting Rock Music in Los Angeles, 1960s-1970s3