- African American HistoryMusic
- 12 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- These interviews with African American musicians provide details about the narrators' background, training, influences, and musical choices and discuss their contributions, and connections to the music of black Los Angeles. The series was a collaborative project of the UCLA Center for Oral Histor...
- Biographical Note:
- Music teacher for the Los Angeles Unified School District and University of Southern California training teacher in the School of Music. Founder of the BEEM (Black Experience as Expressed through Music) Foundation for the Advancement of Music. Commissioner of Cultural Affairs for the city of Los ...
Limit your search
- Central Avenue Sounds Oral History Project36
- Beyond Central13
- Traditional Asian Arts in Southern California9
- Arts in Corrections: Interviews with Participants in California Department of Corrections' Institutional Arts Program6
- Black Music and Musicians in Los Angeles: Spirituals, Gospel, Jazz, and Spoken Word6
- UCLA Institute of Ethnomusicology, 1961-19744
- View of a Culture: Presenting Rock Music in Los Angeles, 1960s-1970s3