- African American HistoryMusic
- 4.5 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- These interviews with African American musicians provide details about the narrators' background, training, influences, and musical choices and discuss their contributions, and connections to the music of black Los Angeles. The series was a collaborative project of the UCLA Center for Oral Histor...
- Biographical Note:
- Founding member of the Watts Prophets, a music and spoken word performance group. Influential in development of hip hop and rap musical styles.
Limit your search
- Central Avenue Sounds Oral History Project36
- Beyond Central13
- Traditional Asian Arts in Southern California9
- Arts in Corrections: Interviews with Participants in California Department of Corrections' Institutional Arts Program6
- Black Music and Musicians in Los Angeles: Spirituals, Gospel, Jazz, and Spoken Word6
- UCLA Institute of Ethnomusicology, 1961-19744
- View of a Culture: Presenting Rock Music in Los Angeles, 1960s-1970s3