- African American HistorySocial MovementsCommunity Activism
- 4 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- This series documents community organizations and institutions that arose in the aftermath of the Watts Rebellion to address issues such as education, employment, healthcare, housing, transportation, and police harassment. The first phase of the series involved interviews with key organizers of ...
- Biographical Note:
- Mental health specialist and psychiatrist. Medical director of the Community Mental Health Center in Los Angeles.
Limit your search
- Twenty-Five Years of Community Organizing and Institution Building in the Aftermath of Watts: 1965-199010
- Mitigating Poverty in the City of Angels: Interviews with Affordable Housing and Social Welfare Activists6
- Narratives of Justice:Criminal Justice Activism in Los Angeles4
- Community Service Organization Oral Histories3