- African American HistoryMusic
- 6 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- These interviews with African American musicians provide details about the narrators' background, training, influences, and musical choices and discuss their contributions, and connections to the music of black Los Angeles. The series was a collaborative project of the UCLA Center for Oral Histor...
- Biographical Note:
- Educator, school psychologist, composer, musician, conductor, church and community leader with a focus on gospel music. CEO of the Heritage Music Foundation and founder of the the Gospel House.
Limit your search
- Traditional Asian Arts in Southern California8
- Arts in Corrections: Interviews with Participants in California Department of Corrections' Institutional Arts Program6
- Black Music and Musicians in Los Angeles: Spirituals, Gospel, Jazz, and Spoken Word6
- Central Avenue Sounds Oral History Project4
- Beyond Central1
- View of a Culture: Presenting Rock Music in Los Angeles, 1960s-1970s1