- Community HistoryScience, Medicine, and Technology
- 4.75 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- This series of interviews looks back on Synanon, the first self-help residential community for drug rehabilitation in the United States, which was founded in Venice, California in 1959 and continued through the early 1990s. In the interviews the former residents speak from their own experience in...
- Biographical Note:
- Son of Charles Dederich, founder of Synanon drug rehabilitation program.
Limit your search
- From Small Town Congregation to Suburban Survivor: Pasadena Jewish Temple and Center18
- South Asian Women in Los Angeles15
- Synanon Foundation Oral Histories8
- Arts in Corrections: Interviews with Participants in California Department of Corrections' Institutional Arts Program6
- Narratives of Justice:Criminal Justice Activism in Los Angeles4