- Asian American HistoryBuddhism
- 12 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- The Many Branches, One Root series traces the histories and practices of a range of Buddhist traditions and communities in the greater Los Angeles area. Beginning in the early twentieth century, a succession of Buddhist traditions have put down roots in Los Angeles, each one providing spiritual s...
- Biographical Note:
- Shingon Buddhist monk. Leading teacher of mindfulness and a pioneer in studying the intersection of meditation and neuroscience.
Limit your search
- Many Branches, One Root: Buddhist Traditions in the Los Angeles Area18
- Korean Americans in Los Angeles after 196515
- South Asian Women in Los Angeles15
- Suburban Chinatown: Chinese American Business and Political Leaders in the San Gabriel Valley10
- Traditional Asian Arts in Southern California8
- Making Waves: Filipino-American Activists in Los Angeles during the 1970s5
- UCLA Asian American Studies1