- Asian American HistoryDanceMusic
- 6 hrs.
- Series Statement:
- The Traditional Asian Arts in Southern California series focuses on both immigrants and second- or third-generation Asian Americans who have continued East Asian or Southeast Asian musical, dance, and performance traditions in Southern California. Some preserved their art form by adhering to the...
- Biographical Note:
- Performer and teacher of traditional Okinawan dance. Artistic director of the Majikina Honryu Aigen no Kai dance school and performing arts company.
Limit your search
- Traditional Asian Arts in Southern California8
- Arts in Corrections: Interviews with Participants in California Department of Corrections' Institutional Arts Program6
- Black Music and Musicians in Los Angeles: Spirituals, Gospel, Jazz, and Spoken Word6
- Central Avenue Sounds Oral History Project4
- Beyond Central1
- View of a Culture: Presenting Rock Music in Los Angeles, 1960s-1970s1